Signs of a broken laptop power connector
The socket of a laptop connector is one of the most vulnerable places. On most devices, the DC power connector is located directly on the motherboard and only soldering holds it in place. Violation of the integrity of the connector pins does not allow the entire system to start and this makes the power connector a rather weak point. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully handle the charging in order to minimize the possible consequences.
Signs of a broken laptop power connector
The laptop connector slot is one of themost vulnerable. On most devices, the DC power connector is located directly on the motherboard and only soldering keeps it in place. Violation of the integrity of the connector pins does not allow you to start the entire system and this makes the power connector a rather weak point. Therefore, you need to carefully handle the charging to minimize possible consequences.
Careless and careless operation of the laptop (for example, tripped over the power cord, threw the laptop, inaccurately inserted the power cord into the connector) is the main cause of the breakdown of the power connector. If the power connector is broken or bad contact in the connector, you will not be able to charge the battery of your laptop or even turn on.
Laptop power connectormalfunction symptoms:
- The battery does not charge properly or remains half charged despite the fact that you have used a power adapter.
- Thescreen flickers (brightness changes) when the power cord is plugged in. This is caused by the laptop switching between the DC power source and the battery.
- The charger plug is weakly held in the power connector.
- THE DCplug heats up after a few minutes of use and the smell of burning may emanate.
- "scratching" sounds can be heard from the DC socket.
- The laptop turnsoff randomly, without warning.
All ofthese symptoms are caused by poor contact between the DC power connector and the motherboard.
Causes of laptop power connector failure:
- strong mechanical pressurewhen inserting the plug;
- frequentand sloppy connection/disconnection of the laptop from the network;
- abrupt jerks of the charger or the transfer of a laptop connected to the network;
- charging unit hangs in the air, creating an additional load on the plug and connector;
- theliquid entering the charging connector.
To determine the failure ofthe charging connector (power supply of the laptop plug or socket), it is necessary to exclude other causes of failure.
- Checkif everything is okay with the outlet and if there is electricity.
- Turn off the laptop power and removethe battery. Then turn on the device. If everything is working, then the battery is a problem. It will have to be replaced.
- Inspectthe charger carefully. Pay special attention to the plug and wire. If there is damage, it is most likely the charger rather than the connector.
- Checkthe plug. This is a rod that is inserted into the laptop socket. Often, due to its deformation, the charging stops working. To exclude its damage, move the base of the plug, holding the plastic tip. If the metal part moves with a fixed plastic base, then it is in it.
What should I do if the connector on mylaptop breaks?
An ordinary laptop user does not have the knowledge and skills sufficient to repair the power connector yourself. You must have the skills of assembling / disassembling laptops and experience in soldering chips. To solder the connector, you need to disassemble the laptop completely and remove the laptop board from the case entirely. Solder the board connector without removing it from the case- the plastic will melt, and it is unlikely that it will work - the contacts need to be heated from the back of the board. You can spoil laptop (breaking the case, loop latches, loops themselves, board) during disassembly and assembly. It is enough to confuse the length and location of the fastening bolts and the board will be unrepairable. You need to be sure of the cause of the breakdown and understand the types of power connectors. Therefore, entrust the work to the specialists of the service center.
Replacement of the laptoppower connector, a service often provided by our service center. Qualified engineers of "F1Center", having special equipment and skills, will quickly and efficiently eliminate the breakdown. Before repairing the device, we conduct a comprehensive diagnosis of the entire device, including the charger and connector. We offer the choice of the optimal solution for restoring the operability of your laptop and select high-quality parts and Components. We provide a warranty for repairs and spare parts.